In some cases, we may give you additional feedback or ask for changes that aren’t currently reflected in these requirements, based on your specific app’s functionality. We are always improving these requirements based on the apps we see submitted, to ensure Weebly customers have a great experience.
- Provides value and wide appeal to Weebly customers.
- Is high quality, with a good user experience, both in the editor, in the optional dashboard card, any tutorial content, the live demo site, and in a published site.
- Any included dashboard card enhances the app’s functionality, provides great user benefit, and provides dynamic, site-specific information.
- Has been fully tested and is free of bugs.
- Directly integrates with Weebly and is not just a placeholder with a link to your site.
- Does not use plug-in behavior such as Flash or Silverlight.
- If your app requires an account with your site, you have provided test account info (entered when you create the app page). This account needs to remain active as long as your app is in the App Center.
- Does not expose any global variables, including jQuery or Underscore, as conflicts may arise.
- Does not infringe on any copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret of any party.
- If it offers similar functionality to what Weebly provides and the Weebly functionality requires a premium plan, then your app should require the same Weebly plan.
- Drafts of any planned press releases have been sent to email@example.com for approval prior to release.
Site Home Behavior (for Dashboard Cards)
- Card is simple, easy to understand, and provides important information.
- Card has been tested, not only for uploading to the App Center and installation, but also for all possible updates during the lifecycle of the card. Our API validates every upload and update and will not accept an update or upload if there are errors.
- Card follows all design guidelines for each component utilized.
- Card is an appropriate size for the content it needs to display (typically 400 pixels or less).
- Cards look and feel as though they are native Weebly-created dashboard cards.
- Takeover content loads quickly and displays correctly. Links to the content use the
- Displays correctly in Internet Explorer 11 and newer, and the latest version of all self-updating browsers.
- In the case where a user installs the app to multiple sites, the correct data displays for each site.
Site Editor Behavior
- Displays correctly in editor, on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Displays correctly in editor, in Internet Explorer 11 and newer, and the latest version of all self-updating browsers.
- URLs in code use the
- Experience is intuitive and similar to native Weebly apps/elements.
- Installation, configuration, and management flows are intuitive and easy to follow.
- No wizards, modals, or navigation other than Weebly settings are used in placeholder content.
- Placeholder content provides a preview of published functionality only.
- Element icon displays properly and represents the element’s functionality.
- Element title displays correctly.
- Settings are native to Weebly, grouped in dialogs in a way that makes sense, and follow the Weebly element paradigm.
- Tooltips display correctly.
- External settings are avoided when possible, and when not, the iframe loads quickly and has a loading indicator. Fullscreen settings window is avoided unless absolutely necessary. All URLs for external settings use the
- Any tutorial content displays correctly, videos playback, and content is correct and helpful for customers using your element. The tutorial does not contain any promotional content.
Published Site Behavior
- Blends in with a variety of themes, both light and dark.
- Is responsive and/or displays properly on mobile devices
- Functions and displays properly in columns, sidebars, and a variety of layouts, on a variety of screen sizes.
- Functions and displays properly in Internet Explorer 11 and newer, and the latest version of all self-updating browsers.
- Functions on both SSL and non-SSL (
- Functions when user installs to more than one site (one user owns multiple sites).
- Uses OAuth to authenticate with a service, utilize Weebly APIs, or to charge money.
- Uses only the Weebly callback URL passed to the app in the
callback_urlparameter; no hard-coded URLs are used.
- User account creation, log in, and authentication at a site external to Weebly takes place during the OAuth stage.
- User account creation, log in, and authentication do not happen from within the Site Editor or element options.
- Weebly’s User APIs are used to prefill email address and site information when appropriate, and to optionally auto-generate user accounts.
- Authentication landing pages prioritize new sign-ups over logging in to an existing account (exceptions will be made for popular services).
- Apps that charge money use Weebly’s Payment Notifications API to report all payments and refunds, including one-time payments, monthly subscriptions, upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, etc. Make sure to use the
App Center Display
2.1.0, edit the URL to be
- Graphical assets are simple, clean, and conform to design guidelines.
- YouTube video is clear, concise, and interesting.
- No logos or text from third parties appear in the app’s page, video, demo site, dashboard card, or developer card.
- At least one support method (email, phone, or web site) is provided and maintained, unless app is completely free.
- Pricing plan and features make sense and are easy for the customer to understand what they are paying for.
- App name is 18 or fewer characters (created when you registered your app).
If provided, the app’s Manage URL goes directly to a management interface or core function for the app, and not to a landing page. The URL uses
- App listing:
- Calls out specific features users will be interested in.
- Uses clear language.
- Is free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Lists pertinent details and limitations.
- Does not list extraneous info that doesn’t help the user make the decision to install the app.
- Links are used sparingly, and only for necessary information, like to a list of supported providers or to a full list of features. Links do not provide info not necessary to the app, like product testimonials.
- No awards, reviews, testimonials, and other promotional copy appears in the first two lines.
* Uses HTML (
<h6>sparingly) to format for better readability.
- Demo site is simple and showcases only the app it’s related to and is not used for any other business or advertising.