When you work in the Weebly Code Editor, you’ll see your changes reflected on a web site as you make them. So let’s create a test site that we can use for our theme.
- Create a site.
- From the Site dropdown on the Site Home page, click Add Site.
- Choose Not Now when asked if you want to sell online.
- Choose any theme as you create the site - we’ll be changing it.
- Once the theme is applied, click Start Editing.
- Choose Use a Subdomain of Weebly.com and enter any acceptable domain name. Don’t worry, as long as it’s on the Weebly domain, the site is free!
- We’ll be making changes to how blogs display, so you need to create a blog post. Be sure to give it a title. Follow the instructions here and save the post (don’t publish/post it).
Now let’s apply the Base theme.
Click the Theme tab.
Click Change Theme.
At the top right, click Import Theme.
- Click Select a Theme and upload the zip you created named
- In the Theme Gallery, click the Choose link to apply your theme.
What Just Happened?
You imported a custom theme and applied it to a test site. Next you’ll add a color palette.