Last updated: Aug. 22, 2016
Step 9: Package, Upload, and Test Your Element
We’re done with all the coding, so now it’s time to package up the element, upload it to a site, and test it out!
- Navigate to the PriceChart directory, select all the contents, and create a zip file.
Be sure to create a zip from the contents of the PriceChart directory and not OF the PriceChart directory.
- In a web browser, navigate to www.dev.weebly.com and open the Dev Admin portal by clicking Developer Login.
- Click Price Chart to open the app’s manage page.
- Click Upload New Version.
- Click Upload New Zip and select the zip file you just created and upload.
- Fill out the App Store Listing fields as follows:
* Short Description: Create configurable price charts
* Long Description: You can create price charts the reflect your price plans. Choose any number of charts and plans
* Price: Free
- For the graphic assets, upload the files from the assets directory you downloaded and unzipped from Git.
- Click Save Draft.
Your element now appears in the Version History area.
- Click View in App Center. A new tab opens and displays what your element will look like once posted to the App Center.
- Back on the Dev Admin portal tab, click Install to Site, choose your test site, and click Install.
- Open your test site, and you’ll see the Price Chart now appears in the Editor Sidebar (it will be highlighted to show that it's a new element), where you can drag it onto a page. Go ahead and add it to a page. Note that a tutorial opens because this is the first time it's being used (you can find out more about creating a tutorial here). Dismiss the tutorial and view the element's settings, including the tooltip you created.
© 2015-2016, Weebly, Inc.